It’s that time of year again — yes, cold and flu season is once again upon us in all its glory! I’m so thrilled — not! But, fortunately, there are some cold prevention and treatment strategies you can do to stay healthy.
When you feel a cold coming on or when you are likely exposed to cold germs, here are some better prevention tips:
- Do grab extra sleep — Quality and quantity of sleep are equally important as they give the body recovery time.
- Do bundle up, especially your head and neck. Yes, you can help kick a cold by sweating it out. Some better ways include an infrared or regular sauna, wearing a sweatshirt while you train, and eating some spicy hot chili peppers. And spices like turmeric, ginger, cayenne, and oregano are great choices too.
- Do fist bumps vs shaking hands.
- Do cough into your elbow.
- Do get in a rainbow of plant-based foods especially dark orange, green
- Do get in healthy fats (like your omegas). Eat them from plants like hemp, flax, chia seeds, walnuts, organic soybeans, and wild-caught salmon and sardines.
- Do get in enough water. Make sure you get in enough water to help sweat it out and then replenish with some potassium-rich foods or beverages like coconut water or baked sweet potato slices with guacamole.
For more on this topic, subscribed to my channel and don’t forget to hit the bell to find out when I post my next video. And Stay Healthy!