Overwhelming stress is not something you just have to live with. The good news is there are easy lifestyle changes you can implement to make stress reduction a breeze.
- Let It Go Away! Experiment with 3-5 minutes to clear your mind with meditation where you sit comfortably, close your eyes, breathe better, and focus on your breathing instead of any thoughts. You may want to use guided meditation via an app or a recording to help you get started.
- Laugh It Away! Experiment with 60 seconds of sustained, authentic laughing, think about something that makes you laugh or grab an image or listen to something that helps you laugh.
- Stretch / Roll It Away! 5-minute foam roll your whole body and use a hard ball (like lacrosse or baseball) on your foot or try a 10-minute whole body stretch. I love a whole body stretch when I really need to relax.
- Wash It Away! A bath or shower helps your body relax. Try an Epsom salt or magnesium bath for 10 minutes (not hot, but warm) or a warm shower, and finish with 30 seconds of very cold water.
- Have Mom Send It Away! Get in touch with mother nature – ideally touch nature (hug a tree, remove your shoes and socks and walk on the Earth) for 10 minutes Spend time with an animal outside. Color, draw, paint or take photos outside (ok to post later).
For more tips on handling stress, subscribe to my channel and hit the bell to know when I post my next video.