I wanted to share this salmon recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Grain Brain Cookbook, by Dr. David Perlmutter. I have fixed this recipe many times and it’s always delicious. Enjoy!
Salmon Roasted In Butter and Almonds
Recipe Type: Fish
Author: Dr. David Perlmutter
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 (1.5 pound) skin-on salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 6 T unsalted butter
- 3/4 C slivered almonds
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T chopped fresh chives
- Cracked black pepper, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place the butter and almonds in a small baking pan in the preheated oven. When the butter is melted, add the salmon, flesh-side down. Roast for 5 minutes; then, turn and continue to roast until the salmon is barely beginning to flake, about 3 minutes more. (You can test by sticking the point of a small, sharp knife into the flesh to see if it flakes or easily come apart.)
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the fish to a serving platter. Stir the lemon juice and chives into the “sauce” in the pan and immediately pour over the salmon.
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper, if desired, and serve.
Calories: 602 Fat: 46 gm Carbohydrates: 5 gm Sugar: 1 gm Sodium: 377 mg Fiber: 3 gm Protein: 42 gm